by Grant
I know it's 2007, but I'm not even sure about the month let alone the day. It took me about 15 seconds to realize it's Thursday. Each day is a grind as Rebekah and I battle sleep deprivation, insecurities regarding the girls, other non-kid related stressors, and discipline issues with our other young'uns. We haven't been going to church for a variety of reasons and won't resume our regular 3 time a week attendance for some time. It's amazing how when you don't have Sunday to make the day different how everything blurs and blends together. Sort of like one of those stupid paintings that idiots that can't paint call "art."
Baby update. The girls aren't eating very well. This is very discouraging. Liberty will almost definitely have to go on a feeding tube and Serenity is falling down on the job. If she doesn't get her act together, she's going to have to get a feeding tube as well. I think being home has been stressful on them and Rebekah enough so that they're regressing a bit.
Tim and Keren are a great help but they have a family and Church obligations (Tim is the pastor you know. yeah, kind of hard to believe isn't it?) I am super busy at work and so even though I could take time off it is not something that I can do at a moment's notice. It's hard for Keren as she is working diligently trying to find living accommodations for her family. But if she leaves then Rebekah is alone with two babies and our two little ones. Right now this is close to impossible for Rebekah to handle. As the girls get older and their feeds are a little less critical I hope that Keren and Tim will have more freedom.
If any of you are counting, now that the girls are home we have 12 people under one roof (approximately 1500 square feet). We also have a sick Grant (in more ways than one), a sick Forrest, and a sick Jon. Thankfully, although we're all walking germ factories spewing forth pollution, we're pretty functional. Now if we can just keep the girls from getting anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment