Saturday, March 31, 2007

300

by Grant


So, anybody out there see the movie 300? Yeah, I thought not. Bet you didn't know it's based on an actual event in history. Yeah, I know you don't like history. History is "boring." Well, human strife has been described in a lot of ways, but boring is not one of them. Why am I blogging about this? Well, the girls names have patriotic background and the movie got me thinking of a name for our fifth child (which had better be a boy -- shaking fist). Well, first a bitty bit of history. The persians, AKA bad guys, were gonna attack the Greeks, AKA the good guys. The Persians were an oppressed people ruled by a King named Xerxes. No, I don't want to name our kid Xerxes! sheesh. What do you think I am, a muslim? (The Persians were largely muslims). Ok, now the Greeks (the good guys remember) were a free people, and a democracy. They were also itty bitty. Anyway, I won't "bore" you with too much history but suffice it to say 300 Spartans and about less than 1000 free Greeks held off a force of several hundred thousand bad dudes for several days. This bought Greece much needed time to do evacuate Athens saving thousands. Or something like that. Feel free to research it yourself. Anyway, the leader of the Spartans was named Leonidas. I think a boy could handle that name, don't you? Call him "Leon" for short. BTW, I'm not sure if I'm joking or not.



Baby update:

The girls didn't go to their appt because Rebekah was sleep deprived. So, we're not sure their weight. Their diet will be exclusively formula now because they are tolerating it better. Kind of disappointing to me, but I'm not second guessing Rebekah. I tend to agree with her I guess.



Boys update:

Rebekah has shorn the kids. After seeing their virtually barren scalps, I insisted that she shave my head in a similar fashion. She has refused. The battle, my friends, is joined.

BTW, the boys aren't jealous of the girls at all. At least not yet. I think they're generally happy to be getting more attention from me.



No comments: