by Grant
Well, God is handing out grace that's for sure. I'm sick but not completely miserable. I'm tired but functional. Now Rebekah is sick. But somehow God has given me enough grace to operate even though I normally would be struggling greatly. I've been working with the boys a lot more about obeying me. They're not stupid. They wait until you're seriously preoccupied (watching TV, watching a baby, or watching Keren and Tim eviscerate each other) and then they rebel. My theory is that they're like little guerilla fighters. Like the Viet Cong in Vietnam or the blasted murderous islamo-fascists in Iraq, they repeatedly get stomped (and stomped hard) but one out of every 100 times they get a small victory. So, I'm going to make sure that they never get a victory. If they do, i'm going to have to work even harder to undo the damage. People say that you can't win a guerilla war. That's nonsense. It just takes an iron will. Guerillas/insurgents change their tactics based on what works and what doesn't. Children are no different. I saw a quote recently that said, and I paraphrase, "He who endures, wins"
Baby update:
Well, Liberty got a feeding tube yesterday. Pretty painless. Ironically, the last three feeds Rebekah said that she drank all of her bottle. Serenity has picked up the pace as well. We theorize that her eating problem previously was due to insufficient nasal passage clearance (she was clogged). The girls also each got 3 shots and 1 oral immunization. They do pretty good cause they just cry for a little bit while they're hurting. Taking the boys in to get shots is an ugly nasty business because they feel betrayed and that hurts them far more than the shots do. But, I digress. The oral immunization was for the rhodevirus (sp) aka the Stomach flu. They're supposed to be pretty resistant to it anyway, but hopefully this will help ensure their health.
It's pretty quiet in the house with just the six of us :) (the other fam is out and about today)
No comments:
Post a Comment