by Grant
It's amazing how we lack it when we are tired. I've still been doing really well considering I'm getting probably 5-6 hours of sleep per night on average. Good nights are about 7. Bad nights are 4. Oh, and I'm not sleeping upstairs because it's quiet. I'm sleeping upstairs because my wife wants me to. That way she doesn't have to try to be quiet when she takes care of the wee ones. Or so she says. I don't quite get it because I wore earplugs and took them out when she needed help. But hey, whatever she wants I'll do my best to oblige. I have been taking care of the boys by myself much more than I ever did before. And I don't really mind. I'm also picking up around the house a lot more. Somehow, having more kids has helped slough off a lot of normal selfishness with time. I have virtually zero to do what I want. I used to have a little. But that's ok. I'm doing more than I used to but I am enjoying life more too. I think that as a parent you need to have a bunch of kids to help refine your character to a new level. Maybe all the changes are temporary, me know not. But time will tell.
Baby news:
girls are doing pretty well. still snuffly with "ucky" noses. And we might have a line on a good baby sitter candidate. I'm really excited about that!
Grant news:
I'm abandoning my wife for a week because I don't love her. I'm going to a technical conference in Salt Lake City. It's long and exhausting and very important for my job. But I'm pretty sure that if I loved my wife I wouldn't go. Of course, my mom is here to help her and I wouldn't have scheduled this if my mother wasn't available, but somehow lack of love must figure into this somehow.
No comments:
Post a Comment