Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Moulding (or is it molding) Minds full of Mush

by Grant

   Molding (moulding) mushy minds. Say that five times fast. And then try to explain to any passersby that you really aren't crazy you're just acting that way. I think I get the "mushy minds" phrase from Rush Limbaugh who has used the term "skulls full of mush." But if you like alliteration, then my way is better. 

    Since we don't have time to cater to our children's every whim, as is the fashion today, we have begun training our children to self-serve a bit more. Typically, I think that the modern reluctance to have children work is laziness on our part. It's too darn frustrating to have the kid carry his plate into the kitchen only for him to not pay attention and dump the food on the floor. Of course, then you (me) gets mad at said kid for not paying attention. Thus, it truly becomes a chore and an ordeal for the both of you. In fact, you sigh with relief when you just do it yourself (meself). Well, suck it up! The kid spills on the floor? Big Deal. The carpet ain't gonna live forever (ripped off from Starship Troopers, "Come on you apes, you want to live forever?" Use the spillage incident, or as I like to call it--The great spill of 07, to train him/it/her in how to use a vacuum cleaner or how to soak up the spill. Sure, the child entity isn't going to do a great job at first, but with persistence and beatings they'll figure it out. I jest of course. Regarding the persistence. Tonight my eldest helped me chop wood (by handing me little sledge, big sledge, maul) and hauling wood inside. He did a really good job. He was a good help for a 3.5 year old. I've seen teenagers (many many teenagers) that are less help. Later, while Forrest was resting, Titus and Mom (AKA Rebekah) unloaded the dishwasher. Pretty darn good for a deux-year old.

Baby Update:
We still have two babies and they're both girls with brunette hair. I've thought about sneaking some bleach and fixing the second issue but rebekah sleeps like a cat. I'm not too sure how cats sleep, but it seems to be in a manner that would discourage the aforementioned actions.

Weight: No idea. Hopefully more than before.
Height: I don't think they're shrinking
Digestion: very troublesome when Rebekah runs out of milk. I'm trying to figure out some way that she can carve out time during the day to pump.

Dr. appointment tomorrow and RSV shots (each one costs more than most of you reading this make in a month--including me).

An annoying development: apparently the girls don't qualify for social security because we have too many assets. I have a bunch of old cars. These cars aren't worth much and I don't drive them. I'm honestly not even sure if they're in my name. At least two of them are immobile. But, that's bureaucracy for you. That's why socialized medicine scares me. Red tape is frickin' evil man. Government red tape suffocates and kills. Watch out for that red tape man!

Who knows about Medicaid. They denied us because we didn't give them some information so now we have to reapply. I don't even know what Medicaid will do for us?? Anyway, the application form is 19 pages long but its highly advised that we apply.

Anyway, I hate government. Well, I hate oppressive government, which most become. I also hate onions. Evil, oppressive onions. Did I tell you that I live in an area that grows onions in copious quantities? At times (frequently) I can smell rotting onions wafting through the air. God loves a good joke.

No comments: