Tuesday, March 20, 2007

glug

by Grant

    I'm here in Salt Lake City getting my brain strained by fast paced knowledge downloads via verbal and visual methods. Lots of stuff going on, but it's like going to college in that 1). you have classes and 2) you have to walk A LOT. It's not like college in that 1) there's food and 2) I like the classes. There's all sorts of other neat things to do to recharge your batteries. They have massage if you want to wait in line, pool, video games, TV. Guess how many of those things I do? Maybe one--TV. The others require far too much human interaction. Not too mention, I'm here to learn not to rest. Of course, I'm working far more this week than in a normal week because I'm trying to get as much good stuff stored in my brain as possible. It's actually pretty amazing. I get to meet the people that have direct control over the software that I use on a daily basis in my job. It's pretty cool to get your questions answered and to point out issues that you've had. Pretty exhausted, but pretty cool. And there's not time to be bored or lonely. I absolutely HATE traveling and HATE IT EVEN more when I have to go by myself. But once I'm here, I'm typically too busy to focus on anything but all the stuff that's going on. And the brain downloads combined with the frenetic pace intermingled with the lack of sleep blend together perfectly until you have an uber-geek. Basically, that's a zombie that can tell you how to recompile your linux kernel but do not expect him (me in this case) to "talk" like most females want. (BTW, I haven't recompiled a linux kernel either).

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Life @ home: Good thing Mom's there is all I can say. Serenity is still vomiting rather profusely but the docs think it's because of nasal drainage. Hope so. I told Rebekah to stop eating cashews (a big big request) in an attempt to reign in the gas the girls are having.

Life goes on.

No comments: