Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Once again...

by Grant

    ...I lose track of the days. But I guess I never really regained my cognizance of the days. I woke about around three to an upset wife and a one very upset baby. I guess nothing would calm liberty down. I think Serenity was upset too, but Rebekah couldn't figure out a way to hold both of them safely and still get some sleep. So I took Liberty and went and sat in our Lazy Boy recliner. Within a few minutes we were both asleep. I woke up at 5 to her fussing. I think she was hungry. Come to think of it, so was I. But I was sleepy more. I then got up around 7 to take care of Titus who doesn't understand that when the time changes, he's not supposed to change with it. Since Rebekah was so tired, I worked from home. Unfortunately, when I work remotely I genuinely have to work and so it was a busy stressful morning. But, God is doling out grace as my techniques with the boys have greatly improved their obedience. We still have troubles at bedtime, but that's because we haven't been camping outside their door so that we can immediately correct them. One thing at a time. The good news is that they know that I mean what I say. Back to my rambling story--Rebekah was able to get some much needed rest so that when I came home from work I took Serenity and slept in the same recliner for an hour or so. You know you're tired when screaming kids barely penetrate your consciousness.

So, did the DST change mess you up? Man, that made a lot of work for me. A very good example of the government doing things that have super widespread consequences and pain. And I like the extra daylight. But getting every computer in our enterprise updated has been troublesome. Even with automation tools, you never get 100%. But it's a challenge, and I like challenges. Problems I don't like. You know who I'm talking about... Keren.
      

No comments: