Sunday, March 4, 2007

Saturday Soliloquy

by Grant

    I wrote a blog yesterday but never got it posted to the myspace page due to some minor technological issues. But yesterday was good. I got a short nap and then got up and went and loaded up our little yellow pickup with lots of garbage. We used to burn most of our trash and then go to the dump (saves a few bucks by not having garbage service). Since we've had live-ins we got garbage service. But every once in awhile we forget to get the trash out to the curb in time and so we had a large accumulation. I loaded the truck up and then stuck the boys in as well. They were lucky though because there wasn't room in back, so I had to put them inside. We went up to the dump and then since it was cold outside we went to home depot. We walked around and then I let the kids play on the lawn mowers. They have a blast. Then we went over to DQ. For once we actually went inside. That was interesting. I don't think I've ever tried to feed my kids at a restaurant (albeit fast food) by myself before. Very interesting. And then to top it off I got them ice cream because they'd been pretty darn good. I had lots of people watching with amusement and had one older lady compliment me on how well I was doing. It has been very enjoyable this weekend. Our kids are obedient as long as they know that you mean what you say. Rebekah, Forrest, and myself are still sick but hopefully we'll all get better very soon.

Baby Update:
Liberty has been eating really well via the bottle. This is a good thing because Liberty took her feeding tube out today. So, instead of making some guy work on the weekend (they have an on-call person @ the clinic) we're trying to just bottle feed her again. Unfortunately, Rebekah's milk production has suffered greatly due to the stress, her sickness and having a hard time finding privacy to pump. Hopefully, she'll get that back to normal so the kids won't have to be on Formula.

Kind of a stilted blog post as it's hard to do anything with kids running around.

2 comments:

Tyler and Leah said...

Wish you all the best with your kids - we had our first six weeks ago and are learning all about it - enjoying it, being tired, but hanging on God's grace.

gcballard said...

cool. My brother's name is Tyler. Remember, with child rearing consistency is key (but oh, so hard).