Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My ears hurt

by Grant

    Oh, it's because they're bleeding. Great. Just great. Yet another part of my body that hurts. My knee was the first traitor. If I do too much walking around (especially up and down hills) then it produces crippling pain. Then my right eye stabbed me in the back with severe dry eye (which feels like sand in your eye). Next (about a year ago) I started having pain in my wrists and arms from computer usage. Then about 5 months ago my back started having pretty severe muscle pains. Then, my lips got chapped @ the airport because I didn't have my faithful mentholatum lip balm. Life is one sad, sorry mess, let me tell you. Actually, I'm mostly joking. The facts are basically true, but I'm not miserable. God has been good to me. I've learned to live with my deteriorating physical proficiency. But tonight, my ears hurt due to self inflicted noise. There's an event every Wednesday night @ brainshare. The headliner is a rock(ish) band, but you generally need to go for the food and want to go for the comedian. So, you might as well stay for the concert. This year it was the Goo-Goo Dolls. If you're a backslidden Christian or a Heathen, then you probably would've liked them. The main singer was actually a very talented individual who played acoustic guitar frequently. It was very loud and my internal organs had fun because they sure were moving around with the music. Although, I'm kind of sure that my heart and kidneys switched places. Hopefully, they shift back before I die a horrible agonizing death. And although I really dislike the ridiculous younger generation with their gyrating whenever music is in their midst (think Grant=Grumpy old man) I had to notice (although I really didn't want to) that the most ridiculous individual was an older man with white hair doing some silly dance out of time to the music.

Baby update:
-Liberty hasn't been eating much, but we think that's past. Rebekah thinks that she's lost weight but hopefully not. "Failure to Thrive" they call it. We'll get the girls weighed next week.

Children update:
When Dad's away the urchins will play. I will have my work cut out for me when I get home. Think Grant=Benito Musollini

No comments: