by Grant
I love modern day air travel. It used to be you had to get there an hour early. Now it's get there super early. You'll probably spend a lot of time waiting outside your gate, but just in case, come the night before and sleep on the floor. This morning I got up and spent a couple hours going through my overnight back. Finding liquids and gels and sequestering them in a quart bag away from other items. Then I decided that i wasn't sure if I could get everything through security (I could've) so I just canned the whole idea and had my wife put my overnight kit in a bag that I would check. Since any gels count I also packed away my eye drops and chapstick. One guess what's bothering me right now?? Yeah, you guessed it, my teeth hurt. Oh and my lips are chapped and my eye is bothering me. I went and bought some blistex and I wonder how these guys stay in business. Metholatum lip balm kicks their heinie! That's what my Dad uses and all other competitors are vastly inferior. There's menthol in my "chapstick" and so I get a soothing cool feeling when I use it. Heck, I could slather bacon fat on my lips for all the good blistex is doing me.
Mom (Grandma) is doing well with the boys. Although I have yet to see her make them cry. (Translation: She's probably not being mean enough). Rebekah is showing symptoms of the stomach flu (again). The girls are still sick but that's not their main problem. They mainly just have gas problems which makes it really hard on Rebekah. She woke me up last night and asked me to watch one while she calmed the other baby down and when I took the child in question, she started crying (said child, not Rebekah). Then Rebekah swapped me. This swap faired no better. I was so out of it that I couldn't deal with the screaming and crying (from the children, not Rebekah) I'm afraid. Next time I think I'll wake up, throw some hot coffee on my face and THEN try to help. I was worthless and I. freely admit it. I felt bad. Rebekah just took them both back, which further cemented her feeling that she was the sole caretaker of these wee ones while the dark was ruling the night.
But the good news is if the plane that I'm on crashes, Rebekah will get a million $$ from a couple insurance policies I have. Then she can hire somebody to watch the girls at night :)
See, there's always a silver lining....
No comments:
Post a Comment