by Grant
I never had any idea how important it was to maintain a routine for children until I had my own little ones. Naptimes, mealtimes, bedtimes--without consistency you may as well play polish roulette (put one bullet in the clip of a semi-automatic pistol, cock, put gun to head, pull trigger). This makes the weekends with the kids rather arduous at times. As long as I share the misery by bringing the kids down to see Rebekah though, I stay sane. Needless to say, she's somewhat happy to see us go so she can rest. Last night when we put the kids to bed, I told Rebekah that we should tag-team to prevent one of us from getting too frustrated. So, she'd watch the kids for 10-15 minutes and then I'd watch them for about 30 seconds. She'd watch them for 20 minutes, then I'd make it about 1 minute 20. And so on the night went. and went. and went. and <light snoring>....
huh? what? oh, yeah. and went. and went. and went. For over three hours. I think Forrest finally went to sleep about midnight. And it's not like he got to play around. He had to lay in his bed and not talk. He got frequent corrections. But he wasn't that sleepy for some reason. Anyway, it wouldn't be so bad if he'd sleep in but Titus takes care of that. I woke up this morning to see a beaming Ti-Ti (Tie-Tie) with his blanket staring at me. The small amount of noise generated as I tried to convince Titus to lay down in bed by me woke Forrest. And once again, the fun has begun. <cue fanfare>
No comments:
Post a Comment