by Grant
It's been awhile since I've posted anything. This week has been on a bit higher tempo for me primarily due to work. I didn't plan on coming down here until wednesday night but circumstances forced me to change my plans. I am glad that I came down because I got to see them take a bath, I got to hold both of them simultaneously, and I got to see them get moved into cribs. Pretty cool. But today Rebekah was talking to Forrest and he wouldn't believe that I was down here. I had told him prior that I would come home and read to him (something that I don't do far enough) and I really battled with guilt as my plans changed, but I thought that he'd barley notice. Well, needless to say, he did. He wouldn't believe Rebekah that I was "at the hotel" until I talked to him. When he realized that indeed, I was down there he was very upset. He started almost yelling/crying at the phone that he needed me. I couldn't understand a lot of what he was saying, but it was really breaking my heart. It's really hard in tough situations to not want to coddle children because they are innocent bystanders in all of this. I will be very grateful when I have my family all in one place. I will try to remember when I'm frustrated (in the future) to be thankful for happy and healthy children.
Today I met a young woman who is staying across the hall from us. She commented on me working out in the kitchen area. So we got to talking and her little girl had to have an operation to remove a tumor. The tumor was cancerous and so now the poor little girl has to start chemo and radiation. Talk about heart breaking. I am super grateful that we aren't in that situation. I'm sure that they would appreciate your prayers. The mom's name is Gretchen and the little girl (maybe 7?) is Jessica.
While on the subject of others at the Ronald McDonald house, we'd like to mention another family. Casey, Jenny, their little boy Colby, and their babies Adison and Breanna. Last name is withheld to protect the innocent. Jenny was pregnant with twins (in separate sacks) when her water broke on one of them @ 20 weeks. That's too young for a baby to survive so she was on bed rest until 24 weeks and then in Antepartum until approximately 26 weeks when they were born. Adison (which I'm probably spelling wrong) has done really well from the beginning. Breanna (she was the twin w/out amniotic fluid) has had a lot more troubles. I won't go into a lot of details, but suffice it to say they have had a really hard time as well. Adison is now out, but they don't know when Breana will be out. They also don't know if some of her complications caused more serious problems. So, if you've got a an in with the big guy upstairs, I know they'd appreciate a few words. The bible talks about the prayers of a fervent righteous man availeth much, but I'm sure it applies for women as well (unless you're a woman with the initials KBE).
I'll try to post the pictures tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment