Friday, February 16, 2007

Stuff and more

by Grant

It being thanksgiving (Update: Valentine's. Of course, I think that's what it is. Giving thanks for your sweetheart, spouse, lover, ball & chain, soulcrusher, etc.) week and all it was even a little more hectic than normal. I took Rebekah to a nice restaurant downtown on Tuesday night to avoid the rush. I love downtown (not). We go to this restaurant and all the parking says that it's not for the restaurant. Then we spy a sign that says that we're ok after 5. Then as we pull in to find a space, we see signs that say 20 minute parking only. Who are we to believe. We figured we were ok, but the last thing that I needed was to come out to find our Durango had been towed. We asked the host inside, and apparently we're ok unless we parked in the spot w/ the big yellow sign that said no parking. I'll take drive through @ Burger King any day. Dinner was good, albeit very expensive. Of course, we're so exhausted from life in general that all we did was drive around to kill time before we went to see the girls.

The next day I had to take a little easier because my arms and wrists started hurting again (carpal-tunnel syndrome) but around 2:00 we got a call from the from desk telling us that they had a donation of two spots for a sleigh ride/dinner with Bogus Creek outfitters. Well, we scurried around and went and bought some jackets @ Deseret Industries so we wouldn't freeze to death and then we made the long trek up the mountain. I think Boise is around 1500 feet above see level and bogus is over 6000. We got there and waited in a "lodge' (not really a comfortable spot, but indoors) and then we got on the sleigh. The sleigh took us 1 mile back into the mountains where they had a temporary building. It was nice, rustic, and generally cold. But they hot chocolate, a wood stove, and some loud music to warm us up. We were fed pretty well and it was a generally entertaining time. Of course, once we were done we had to drive back down bogus in the dark which is curvy and steep. I told Rebekah I'd try not to scare her, but I failed.

Thursday Keren and Nathan came down for an MRI for his noggin. With kids it's harder because they have to knock 'em out so they'll stay still.

Today, friday, I'm back @ Fruitland worse for the wear. Tired as I didn't sleep good in Boise and Forrest climbed into bed w/ me early this morning. He slept pretty well, but I didn't.

Rebekah and I just talked and I guess the nurse pushed Serenity a little too hard on her bottle feeding and her vitals dropped really bad. Makes me pretty annoyed. They (the NICU people) want to get us out the door, which is good, but frustrating. The physical Therapist told us not to push the babies too hard because if they had a bad experience, then they wouldn't want the bottle again. I know the NICU nurses have lots of training, but sometimes I don't think that they are on the same page as we are.

No comments: