Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Excuses, excuses

by Grant

   My wife, what a slacker. Helping me watch the kids over the weekend. Going up to the hospital repeatedly throughout the day to attempt to nurse some zoned out wee ones, doing miscellaneous tasks that I "delegate" to her, soothing a fragile male ego and she can't find time to post a blog. Well, I'll have a talk to her. I know the Moms and Moms-in-laws rely on this blog for their dose of info. And I don't know about you, but if you've ever seen a Mom (or Mom-in-law) when they haven't had their regular grandbaby fix, it's not a pretty sight. Think, Hiroshima post nuclear devastation. I myself lost my eyebrows on January 1 simply because I was slow sending pictures out. Imagine my selfishness, focusing on newborn premature baby girls and my sliced, but not diced, wife. Men, I tell ya.

  In other Grant news (hey, I figure you're interested in the progenitor of the little ones too) I was not feeling very good on Sunday night so Monday I stayed home. I slept. And slept. and woke up and took vitamins. And slept. and woke up and checked my e-mail on my phone. then I wrote an e-mail via my phone. Then I put in ear plugs. Then I slept. and slept.

And you know what? Today (That's tuesday) my tooth hurt (like normal), my back hurt (like normal), my wrists hurt (like a little), and I was a cheery, friendly guy. That is a scary thought even to me my friends. It was probably just a fluke that I finally got enough sleep and felt like a normal person.

Baby stuff:

Ok, these guys have got to be coming home soon. Rebekah is spending the night @ the hospital. They usually don't do that until the little ones are on their way out. Also, they're doing really well without the caffeine. so that's great. So once they get the bottle down consistently they can come home. In the meantime we have to get to a CPR class so we can do some chest thumping if necessary.

It's been 7 weeks for Pete's sake. We were told 6-8 weeks so if it's more I want my money back.

No comments: