by Grant
I brought the kids down to see Rebekah. Needless to say, this is typically rather bitter sweet. Fun to have them around but very trying at times when they don't obey. On the way down I stopped at Costco to buy Rebekah something. Not sure why, but I thought I'd see if something jumped out at me. Nothing did, so I kept going up and down aisles until something glanced my way and then I clubbed it! I actually ended up buying the movie "When Harry met Sally," because once you get past that one scene it's a very good movie that shows how it's basically impossible for two people to be members of the opposite sex and just be "friends." Oh, I know that there are probably some women out there who say that I'm wrong and they have lots of friends that are guys, but my response is that no, they know lots of guys that "say" that they just want to be friends. But I digress. While at Costco, I was resisting my children's urgings to buy various and sundry items ranging from $15 to multiple hundreds, when I came upon a 3D kite. Pretty darn cool. I've been meaning to buy a kite, and this was a good chance. Very cool kite for $10. Of course, when we went to go fly it there wasn't enough wind to keep it aloft for more than 30 seconds. But, a homeless guy complimented us on it and if you can't trust the homeless for an honest opinion, then who can you trust?
After that we came back to the RMH let the kids play for awhile and then prepared for battle (naptime). I'm sure that some parents who are reading this have all sorts of advice on what we're doing wrong. If so, I am willing to listen. But so far, it's pretty darn hard to be consistent when the kid doesn't see you more than a few times in a week (if that). I think that this gives me a little bit of insight on how hard it would be on the entire family in the event of divorce. Not us of course. Rebekah and I agreed that nobody is getting out of our marriage alive. If I want to run off with some floozy, then I'd better hope that she (the floozy) likes dead guys cause there ain't gonna be a divorce. Likewise, if Rebekah finds some loving caring guy that is sensitive and meets her needs and she wants a divorce, then I hope she can run faster than a bullet.
Baby updates:
Liberty has had one major spell while eating and Serenity has had two. It concerns us, but not the docs. So, we keep moving forward.
Also, They (el Docotorinos) have taken them (le bambinos) off caffeine. We'll see how the spells go. Caffeine can stay in their system for several days, so it'll be a little while until we know how they're gonna do. I know I wouldn't do very well off of caffeine.
No comments:
Post a Comment