by Grant
One of the things that I like about blogging is that it's what we technical types like to call "pull" content. If you are interested, then you must seek out the website. If you are only mildly interested, then you'll hit it once a week (or month) just to check in on the situation. Or, if you're like like some guys you won't even bother with it at all, you'll just figure that if something was important you'd hear about it some how. I generally take that attitude so I am not offended if someone doesn't check the blog every day (or at all). My goal is to have one post a day on the main myspace blog and close to that on my own blog. But please do me a favor and don't ask me some deep and involved question like "How are the girls doing?" and expect something more than "ok." Those of you who have been following the situation will have realized by now that there's tons of nuances (that's a word that was once used to describe John Kerry). So, don't feel any obligation to read this blog, but also don't expect me to regurgitate verbally everything that I painstakingly pen in black & white just because you're making polite chit-chat, ok? Sorry, I've been reading a book by Dennis Miller and he definitely doesn't pull any punches. This post actually came out as more of a diatribe than an FYI, but hey, nobody's holding a gun to your head and making you read it. If somebody is, then that means terrorists have found another weapon of mass destruction. Or deduction. Or something that rhymes with "uction."
I have now heard that at least two readers find the medical side of these blogs interesting as they consider a future career path in the always burgeoning field of medicine. Well, health care is a good way to go. It's a "growth industry" as they say. That and the mortuary business. But anyway, I digress. The NICU nurses have all been very good. I haven't disliked a single one for any good reason. Usually, I am frustrated because they don't know who I am. But as far as health care, it looks like a really neat job if you like taking care of helpless mammals. It's probably easier to become a NICU nurse than a vet (why on earth do you have to go to school for 7 years just to put down some animal?). Now, if on the off-chance you're a NICU nurse and take issue with that statement, then I want you to keep something in mind. I don't care. If you happen to be a vet (the animal kind, not the shooting guns kind) then once again, I don't care. If you think that this drivel is a waste of time and space then please know that you're right. Sorry for the bad attitude, I haven't gotten a lot of sleep in the past 3.5 years. Being a NICU nurse would be "neat" frequently but frustrating and heartbreaking at other times. How are you going to handle finding out that the babies that you just spent six 12 hour days taking care of died the first day you were off shift? Or, how about the parents that really aren't that involved in what's going on and don't really care? Or how would you like to stand for 12 hours? And remember, there is diaper changing in there. Of course, the pay is a little better than you got as a babysitter. Did I mention I was sleep deprived? Uhm, I guess if you have any questions about the duties of a NICU nurse or would like me to take a poll of the nurses about job satisfaction, let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment