Sunday, January 28, 2007

Titus Sunday

by Grant
    Well,  this is Titus' birthday today. Rebekah has gone all out buying balloons, birthday noise makers, a cake from Coldstone Creamery, etc. I have had to work some yesterday and am working right now. I basically have to support a bunch of guys that are out in the field. If they have questions or problems, I need to be available. Sometimes that's really hard with rambunctious kids about. I told a friend on friday that the problem with working on the weekend isn't the loss of the weekend, it's the fact that you don't get a break before you start the new week. Not having a break from work, especially when work is very stressful, just makes life that much harder. I am theorizing that God is keeping me busy @ work, so I don't focus on everything else that stresses me out.

    Rebekah and I went to my five year anniversary party @ Woodgrain. There were a bunch of people there. I didn't know most of them. Rebekah always likes the parties because the food is really good. Although it was funny because they have shrimp and there was a sign that limited us to four shrimp. It felt like I was @ Bob Jones again with the "Black Widows" on guard for multiple desert eaters. "Black Widows," for those that didn't have the pleasure of attending BJU, were women dressed in white and black that roamed the Dining Common to make sure that guys and girls didn't hold hands, to make sure that guys didn't take multiple deserts, and I'm sure they had some other duties that were critical to the cafeteria operation.

I guess the girls are doing really well. They took Serenity off the Cannula again. They also started bugging Rebekah about nursing them because they've started moving their head around while they make sucking motions. Guess that means they want to eat. Rebekah will go back this afternoon. I have an event down in Boise on Tuesday so I'll hitch a ride down and then work remotely Wednesday & Thursday.

No comments: