Monday, January 15, 2007

Sunday Sunday

Actually, I think it's Monday Monday (stupid 70s song). Yesterday was a blur. I didn't even touch the computer. I have entertained the thought of going to Church somewhere on Sunday morning, but with the kids and baby obligations, not to mention the need to get ready to go home that day, I doubt it's a good idea. Forrest and Titus did really well overall. I only felt insanely frustrated about 30% of the time. Titus constantly got into things and spontaneously would just take off toddling/running. Fast enough I couldn't catch up with him unless I ran. So, I would generally just follow him until he stopped to look at something. Of course, discipline is a problem in a place such as the RMH. So, lots of sitting when the kids didn't want to. Forrest was no angel, but generally pretty obedient and helpful.

Before we left, I went over to see the girls. Again a new nurse. I think I decided I'm not going to chit-chat with a nurse unless I've seen them before. Why bother telling the same story about how many kids we have, how old they are, who's watching them etc. if you're never going to see that nurse again? Well, the girls were doing well and Serenity and I actually made eye contact for the first time. That was a very cool experience to see her and know that she saw me as well. Even though when I go up, I'm usually in a hurry, I still manage to spent an hour in their room. They are unoffically classified as "feeders and growers." A little annoying to have our babies pigeon-holed like that, but as long as it stays that way it's good because that means they're doing well.

I did talk to a charge nurse by the name of Karen about the lack of consistency. She was understanding and said that she'd do her best to accomodate my requests. Since then however, there have been two brand new nurses including one from pediatrics. I'll try to be a little more patient.

General baby update:
Yesterday Serenity had more undigested food than she had been given @ last feeding. That was odd. She was on six CCs and had a residual of 8.5 CCs. Anyway, her next feeding went fine. Liberty's went fine as well, but Rebekah didn't hold them due to the temperature of both of them. Since they can't regulate their temperature, that's up to the nurse/Dr. It's more than a little frustrating to not have one person that we can talk to that's keep an eye on the babies. I'm not asking for 24/7 coverage, but rather simply looking at their chart once a day on weekdays. Maybe occasionally talking to us parents and visiting the babies. That way, we could talk to that one point of contact and he/she could reassure us that everything is progressing nightly. We hardly ever see the Dr.'s that are watching the babies and you already know how frequent the nursing staff changes. Maybe if we found a pediatrician right now, they could keep tabs on things.

No comments: