by Grant
I got up early (before 6) to make the trudge to Boise. Unfortunately, the event wasn't that useful. I learned a little bit, but I swear the presenters had ADD or something because there wasn't much substance. I mostly was a rude audience member and made fun of some of the things they said (tech/geek/nerd audiences are probably the cruelest). It's pretty hard to be gracious when the speaker has about 500 people and keeps making simple mistakes. Granted, I do have some latent hostility towards the company (Microsoft) because my mother didn't hug me when I was a child (I'm joking mom!). They are the big dogs, so I have high expectations from them. As a techy, I don't cut any slack. There's a saying, "countries don't have friends, they have interests." This is a somewhat true statement (witness our alliances with such countries as Egypt & Pakistan). And I'm gonna try to make that statement fit this vitriol in order to dig myself out of this hole. As a techie, I have no loyalties to brands. I don't have brand "religion". I am loyal to the coolest tech. The tech that makes my job better and less repetitive. The problem with Microsoft is that virtually never make the best product, but they make a lot of them. And their products are all respectable. And since they have lots of money for marketing, they make impressions on management. Companies like standards, and Microsoft always works with Microsoft (except when it doesn't. then you have to upgrade). I also like standards, but I like to use the best product too (at least for the $). Thus, we have a quandry. What? Oh, stop talking about technology and tell you about the babies? Patience. Patience. <ouch> ...... Ok, fine. I'll give you an update.
Liberty AKA "Baby A"
Doing good still. I got to hold her some today. It was really cute seeing her suck on Rebekah's finger. Poundage is 3 and ounce-age (definitely not a word) is 5 and one half. For those that are confused, that's 3lbs 5.5ozs. Remember, it takes 16ozs to make a pound. In other things, she's not too fond of the vitamins (lots of iron), but I told her to suck it up
Serenity AKA "Baby B"
Doing good. Lost a smidge of weight over a 24 hour period. She tends to have very heavy diapers. The nurse the other night said she suctioned out an "entire ecosystem" from her (Serenity's) nose. Poundage is 3 and ouce-age (again not a word) is 10.
Rebekah AKA "de Mudder"
She had to move rooms. We kind of like the new room better in some ways. It's more private. It's got an area that we can easily make up for the kids so that they're out of the way. Alas, there is one serious problem. The hot water situation is sad. The only thing worse than a luke warm shower is a luker-warm shower. And the only thing worse than that, is a jab in the eye with a sharp stick. As my Dad used to say, "Where's the cake?"
yeah, that doesn't really make any sense. I'm gonna go fire the guy that wrote that joke. You wait here.
No comments:
Post a Comment