Friday, January 19, 2007

Back 2 the grind

    This is friday and a strange start. When I'm running back & forth I really get disoriented on what's what. Yesterday Rebekah and I came home and she's going to spend a couple days @ home. I hope Forrest handles it ok. He is now sick with the Nova(sp?)virus AKA the Stomach Flu. Work has calmed down for a bit for me, but ramps back up next week. I'm trying to take advantage of the lull to focus on less stressful work items. Hopefully, I'll be back to normal by monday.


Baby Update:

Liberty is doing pretty well and is pretty high on her feeds. I think 16 ml. Her residual has been ok. As long as it's 1/3 of the total amount given or less, they don't stop her feeds. Serenity is similar but getting a little less. The bad news is Serenity has having trouble breathing regularly so they put her back on the nasal cannual (Oxygen tube in her nose). That was dissapointing, but they say that's a developmental thing and she'll outgrow it.

Both girls were taken off their IV fluids (TPN & liquid fats) and just put on a glucose drip. This is the first step to removing the PICC line. If they keep increasing their feeds, then they may indeed get their PICC lines out very soon. This is very good news.

They are also weaning them down on their incubator heat, so that allows them to manage their own body heat. Hopefully all goes well there.

That's all I know right now.


technorati tags:,

No comments: