by Grant
I was going over our medical plan. Suffice it to say, the best case scenario was a bit depressing. This situation has spanned two calendar years which means that deductibles reset. Also, since there are three people in this (Rebekah and the girls) then there are three deductibles. So, multiple the deductible amount by 3, plus add another deductible because most of Rebekah's expenses were in 2006. Add on top of that co-pays and miscellaneous stuff and suffice it to say, it adds up to a pretty penny. Sometimes I am inclined to think like a liberal and wish for state run health insurance, but then I realized that if we were in Canada, there would've been a good chance that we would've lost one or both babies. Why? Because health care is rationed in socialized states which means that for major non-critical (sometimes even critical) things you typically have to wait. So, Rebekah may not have been hospitalized (why bother putting her in the hospital if she's doing fine, right?) and they may not have caught the distress signs soon enough. Plus, who knows about post care in the NICU. I heard a joke on a movie once that relates to the point that I'm trying to make.
begin joke:
Several men are in a space shuttle (or some other space bound vehicle) and as it's blasting off one of them comments, "Ya know, I still can't get over how every part on this thing was made by the lowest bidder."
end joke:If, by some miracle, I end up with most of the expenses taken care of then I will praise God (Laus Deo). However, if I end up with a very large bill from this, I wil still praise God. and thank him for two beautiful girls, two handsome boys and a beautiful wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment