Ok, I fired that writer (see end of last post)
My trouble-making Mom-in-law wants to know "why River? "
Ok, confession time. We liked Serenity (and the show from whence it came) far too much to be normal. And since we liked the show so much (and the characters on said show) we decided while they were slicing my wife open that we'd use the name of a character on the show--River.
We actually are so unbalanced about the subject, that we both got excited about a Subaru that had a license plate bracket that said "Serenity" and "You can't take the sky from me"
If you're really interested, the show was called Firefly and it was cut down in its prime. Anybody who knows me knows that I don't care that much for TV. But if I could have one wish, it'd be for $10 million in tax free bearer bonds. If I had a bunch more wishes, I'm sure I'd wish for the resurrection of that TV show.
For those of sensitive visual and aural palettes, Firefly and the movie Serenity are PG/PG-13 type entertainment. Definitely not puritanical, but much much tamer than a lot of the other refuse on TV. If I can get my Mom-in-law out here for a extended visit I'll sit her down and make her watch the show until she likes it. Hear me Mom (in law), I will do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment