Thursday, May 28, 2009

What's my age again?

Well, all our "help" is gone. I've been staying home in the morning until about 10 and working remotely so Rebekah can sleep. I leave the girls upstairs and then I just have to yell at the boys. It seems like that's all I ever do. So far my boss is fine with that although I dislike doing it. But, if it keeps my wife from going all post-partum and burning my waffles (I'm joking. I don't eat breakfast) then I'm willing to make that sacrifice. That was a joke honey! Hopefully Rebekah can find some sort of routine with the babies that will enable her to be only slightly catatonic as she goes through the day. Right now I'm watching the fam while Rebekah sleeps. Amazingly the girls seem quiet as well as the boys. The babies are mildly fussy, but nothing too big. Anyway, today was rough on Rebekah. I knew things weren't going her way when I got a text message with attitude. At that point I backed away from the phone and handed over my wallet. Well, not quite, but I did know that she was serious and if I valued my spleen then I'd better not mess with her. Come to find out she's realized that she can't potty train two two year olds while feeding and burping two 1 month old babies while trying to keep an eye on a 5 year old and a 4 year old who try to kill each other (or irritate our neighbors) at every opportunity. I told her that I don't care if I have to get another job in order to afford diapers, I don't want her to keep trying to potty train the girls. When you have 6 kids like we have, you absolutely have to prioritize. Most of the things mothers busy themselves with Rebekah doesn't have time to do. I've even offered to do laundry. I did do my own laundry for four years at college. Of course, it was all washed in cold water and then dumped unceremoniously in my drawers. One day--just take it one day at a time.


No comments: