Dangit. I've been busy every saturday and haven't gotten anything done. Our irrigation lines are broken, the weeds need sprayed again, the lawn needs mowed, blah blah blah. But last friday I helped a lady in our church move in a hurry. I wasn't the only one that helped, but I was there. Since it was in a hurry, the lady didn't have stuff ready so it was slow going and kind of frustrating. Rebekah came over to help since she can help keep me in line and even tempered. But having 6 kids hanging around for several hours got a bit stressful. But the kids are doing fine. Babies are growing good and gaining weight. we need to get them to a dr. but haven't really had the time. In this family, if something isn't broken or bleeding or a direct threat to life and limb then it's lower priority. Getting all six kids to church is a heck of a chore, that's for sure. Last Sunday night I was getting out onee of the girls and as I started to step back, I tripped over Forrest who was bent over on the ground behind me looking at a bug. I let go of the girl (I think it was Serenity) and flailed around as I fell down. I ended up landing on one knee and hitting my arm trying to avoid crushing forrest but finally I came to rest on his soft little body. I could feel his head hit the ground (asphalt) once and then again. Thankfully, all my wild gyrations had slowed down the volocity of my copious mass to where it wasn't crushing. I was in a bit of pain and Forrest was none too happy at having his head bounced on the road, but we were not injured too bad. I had some skin torn up on my knee and elbow but no blood, just brusing. Forrest had some bumps on his head where the rocks had hit and he was crying, but he calmed down and held a cold paper towel against his head. So, church was uneventful for the most part. But I gotta tell you, while I understand how preaching sometimes needs to go long, it's an absolute killer when you have a family. My kids are better than sitting than most kids, but even I have trouble when church has gone long by 15 mins. I'm just saying, that's an eternity for a kid.
Rebekah is doing ok. Her back is hurting right now so she's going to stay home tonight. So, pretty status quo.
Rebekah is doing ok. Her back is hurting right now so she's going to stay home tonight. So, pretty status quo.
No comments:
Post a Comment