by Grant
As the girls get older, they seem to definitely be exhibiting different personality types. (what a bold statement. "seem" and "definitely" both). Of course, I reserve the right to be completely wrong. Serenity, against all odds, actually seems to be living up to her name. I would characterize her as a type B personality. She sleeps better, needs less comforting and generally eats better too. Liberty on the other hand is much less easily consoled. When she gets upset she generally needs her mother--no other woman will do. She wakes up in the middle of the night more frequently. Definitely working on type A. Now, while this is "cute" it begs the question: Why are they different? Those of you who have seen the heathen film "Trading Places" (no, not trading spaces you women out there. It's not that silly show on HGTV) should know that there is a difference of opinions regarding what truly forms who you are. Nature (your genes) or Nurture (how you are raised). Now, obviously they both play a significant factor, but what if the nature (genes) are identical and nurture (how they are being raised/reared) is basically identical? What is that wild-card that makes them different? What is that X-Factor? What is that, uhm, unknown thingy? I submit to you that it is their souls. Why should nature and nurture be the only things that help define who you are? Why should your immortal soul just be this thingy you have that doesn't die but serves no other real purpose? Why I ask you? hmm? hmm? I thought so. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Unless you have asthma or emphysema. In which case, just pretend you're smoking but don't light anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment