by Grant
I think when miserable and arduous events come into our lives we should learn to have fun with them. Heck, if you know where soul is going after you turn into worm food then you should have a pretty good perspective. Unfortunately, we (me) tend to be annoyed (at best) or traumatized into a nervous breakdown (close to worst but not the worst). I think one universal tendency of all homo-sapiens (no that's not a bad word) is to wonder, "Why oh, Why????"
Yeah, don't go there. God doesn't (typically) make it really obvious why you are suffering. I've known two youngish people from our church (about 20 members) that suffered and died in the past couple years. Both affected me pretty hard (harder than I expected). I have one good friend who is having horrible problems with her young adult son who I know is a good kid. I have another friend that is suffering from crippling depression. What does this tell you? Don't be friends with me. But seriously, I don't know why these things have happened to these people. But I can posit some reasons that may not show up now, but possibly years down the road.
1. God is trying to get your attention. Whether you believe in him or not, he believes in you.Trite phrase but true. God gives you opportunities to accept his son as your personal savior. Ignore him at your perile.
2. God is going to use this experience to increase other's faith in him by how he provides YOU grace through *_insert miserable thingy here_*
3. God is going to grow your faith in him by making you trust him versus your super powerful (Not!) self.
4. God wants you to be able to help others through their similar trials
Ok, say your're an abject heathen. Either atheist (silly wabbit) or agnostic (lazy wabbit). Well, you can trim some of the God stuff out of my points and still find a bit of value, but admittedly it's a lot weaker. So, just get with the program. If you can't look out the window at a beautiful sunset (or analyze the amazing intricacies of the human eye) and admit to yourself that evolution is a bunch of hooey then there is pretty much no hope for you. If you do admit that there is something behind this creation (AKA God) then I can lay out some. reasons why my God is the only real one (and no, Buddha He is not).
P.S. Yes my hands still hurt like the dickens (not sure what a dickens is or how it hurts but it seems bad).
1 comment:
Seeings how e-mail is not so responsive, this will do. I will be your comment-ator. I love reading your tho'ts. It is refreshing. Nice to know that people still contemplate life, etc. I agree w/ most everything that you said, even if, at the moment, I don't remember them.
Your first fan of the day: MIL
Post a Comment