Saturday, June 23, 2007

Baby/Life Update

by Grant

    The girls are still doing well. Growing like weeds. Or grass if you water it. Which I don't. Because I don't want it to grow. The grass that is. I want the girls to grow. Today I was their sole caretaker for about six hours and they were on their best behavior. I actually got lonely for a bit. Haven't had that long without somebody to talk to. Yes, I talk to the babies but that's about like talking to a liberal. They make cute sounds back like they're trying to talk, but it's really just gibberish.

    We've finally gotten the girls into a semi good routine. They're not really on the same schedule during the day, but at night Rebekah gets them in sync pretty darn well. One amusing anecdote: Rebekah discovered that if both the girls are hungry and crying, it's best to always feed Serenity first. If she takes turns (which she has been doing for months) Liberty will stop eating because Serenity is crying. So, feed Serenity first and she'll be quiet at least. Then feed liberty. Seems to be working well.

Rebekah watched 6 kids (our 2 boys and 4 of her sister's) so her sister and her husband (her sister's husband... not me) could go on their anniversary date. Worked out pretty well Rebekah said. That's why I was watching the girls by my lonesome.

Ok, we haven't been taking as many pictures but we do have a few that haven't made it onto the blog.


Happy Serenity
DSC02346.jpgDSC02347.jpg


The Fam
DSC02343.jpgDSC02338.jpg

Serenity and Liberty (more pics @ the photobucket site)
DSC02333.jpgDSC02332.jpg


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute babies. Must take after their grandmothers. :-)

Liked the videos. Thanks for sharing.