Friday, June 15, 2007

Pain in the membrane

by Grant

    I've been having some very irritating pain so I've been trying to limit any extra-curricular computer usage. Typing especially is a bit hard on my hands. But I wanted to post a couple things.

One: Kids continuously amaze me. Or at least, my kids do. Your kids are probably pretty boring, right? Forrest is so incredibly sweet at times. Polite and apologetic. Very appreciative. I spose a lot of that is what mood he's in. He's been calling things beautiful and no matter how many times I hear him say something is "beautiful" I can't help but smile. Titus is a charmer just standing there. He's not quite the talker, but he makes up for it with his perpetual smile and platinum hair. And of course, all babies are cute. Well, not really, but we have to pretend right?

Two: The good old days. Who out there hasn't pined for the days of yore? When life was simpler and you didn't have to run around to Wal-Mart and pick up a USB cable for your printer so you could print the Church's bulletin out? When Childbirth was the number one killer of women and death by fires was number 2. When things like diabetes and polio took lives. When fear of nuclear immolation was a daily concern. When if needed vision correction you had to wear glasses and mar your natural beauty. When, When, well... Let's just all be grateful for the advances that have been made that improve our daily life and try to ignore the evils of the modern world such as minivans, cell phone talkers, extended minivans, mary kay cosmetics, and commercials.

Three: (officially more than a couple) The evils of any hospital visit are starting to come due. The bill for Rebekah was over 20k (she spent time in antepartum and the OR). Our insurance paid 80% of it, but that still leaves us with over $5000 that the hospital wants paid off in 15 months or less. That's way more than what we can afford. Two babies plus another kid still in diapers is really hurting our budget. But, it could be worse. If that's all we have to pay it'll be incredible.

No comments: