by Grant
I think that it's a no-brainer to realize that different people have different priorities. Another brilliant statement is "people are different." Well, I mention these because I (as well as others) tend to get tunnel vision in our lives. We think that people share our thoughts and attitudes about things and we are incredulous when they don't. I've noticed that as more and more happens in my life, two things happen. First, I am more aware and empathetic of other people and their problems and Secondly I have less and less time to do anything about it. I struggle with priorities on a daily basis. I marvel at those people that "have their act together." Because I know how hard life is with children (primarily young ones) both Rebekah and myself have a hard time imposing on others to help with child care. Generally this is done when there are Dr. appointments, but we've canceled several just because it's too hard. The girls haven't been to the Dr. in quite awhile so we can't tell you how much they weigh. But Rebekah did figure out (don't ask how) that they're about 10 lbs. Life is progressing.
This post is a bit maudlin probably because I'm really tired. I've thought several times that I need to make one thing very clear. We are very grateful for our children, family and friends. Although life is very challenging we are happier than we've ever been. This kind of leads me back to the realization that children fill a void in life (for most people).
For memorial day, our two families (mine and Tim 'n Keren's) went to a couple different parks. The weather was nice and it was fun to see the kids focus their energy in such a healthy manner. I'm convinced that the children of today don't expend their energy in positive ways. I think we ought to bring recess into high school. Tired kids (up to a point) are better behaved kids. I think channeling the energy of children is critical. Turning on the TV is too easy.
Thank you and good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment