by Grant
Protagonist. You've all heard of antagonist, but how often do you use its polar opposite? I actually use it fairly frequently when I wish to appear smarter than the average polar bear. Protagonist roughly translates to hero, but that's not exact. The main character in a movie that's the "good" guy is the protagonist. The bad guy is the antagonist. Man, my fingers don't want to type those words. I was telling a friend about a movie which features a woman in a very aggressive role and I pondered whether women were protagonists (wondering if the word was gender neutral or if there was a specific female version. Like heroine is the female version of hero -- although nobody uses it anymore). My friend, who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty, was of the opinion that women could never be protagonists, but rather that they were always and forever the antagonist. Thankfully, nobody of the female persuasion was within strangling range.
BTW, did you know that vendetta is an Italian word?
Baby/Life Update:
I'm alone with the boys trying to tap out this blog before they beat me about the head and shoulders in their insistence to go outside. The girls had a "check-up" with a Child Development person. I guess that they're right on track and probably a little bit ahead in some cases. That's good news. It's very common for preemies to always be behind, but although the girls are small they're doing well. We've had some interesting instances of favoritism amongst the sub teen girls in our social circle. Basically, one baby is preferred over the other. I find this incredibly odd since, well, THEY'RE IDENTICAL TWINS! I won't go into any more details other than to mention that I have banned baby holding by non-adults during social events containing multiple families. This is the last thing I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment