Saturday, May 5, 2007

Follow-up on Record Player

by Grant

   Thanks to my brother, my Aunt, and the Sanfords for responding. I found a really nice one that's very nostalgic that does what I want for $150 (regular $250). This would be nice because it is new and I could buy needles (very difficult for older ones). However, I'm not sure if I can justify that or not. One of my fondest memories growing up was listening to the record player, which is odd because it wasn't that frequent. Dad always played Christmas records so that's a big part of the season for me. Or at least it was. This last Christmas probably went down as one of the worst ever because Rebekah was in the hospital. But the record that I remember the most was "How the West was Won."  Methinks this is because there was a cool painting on the album cover of a train falling off a railroad trestle. You could see logs breaking loose from train cars and people scrambling to save themselves, in vain I might add.

Baby/Life Update:
Keren and Tim watched the girls one night so Rebekah got probably her first full nights sleep in a couple months. I guess it went pretty well and they enjoyed it. The boys have colds so they're a bit crabbier than normal. Rebekah and the boys went with me to get more rocks. That was arduous. But the migrant worker drove by and stopped to look at an irrigation ditch and the boys said "Dad, there's Leo!" Pretty funny that they remembered his name. Even funnier that a south of the border dude is named Leo.

Right now we're moderating fights over a new toy tractor. Why do we bother?

No comments: