Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm this close...

by Grant

    ...to putting a microphone by these girls and recording a couple hours of them fussing. Then, I think anyone that claims to really love kids should listen to it. Tell me that you don't have indigestion and feel like voting democrat (I'm not sure what that has to do with it, but I guess it would indicate some amount of distress). Aargh! I've been working on Rebekah's computer so she was putting the boys to bed which is about a two hour ordeal. The girls are in the swings and they'll cry for about 10 minutes, take 3 off. 15 on. 5 off. And so on, and so on. Rebekah has decided, I think rightly so, that if they stop crying when they get picked up that they are fine and can cry. We have to worry a little bit about them crying so hard it that they spit-up and we don't want them to burn up too many calories. But with two babies and two other kids, dedicated time is hard to give unless absolutely needed.

We are still sleep deprived, but I think that Rebekah is getting a handle on the girls (as much as is possible). We're trying to edge back into normal life. But it's a big adjustment. <sigh> there the girls go again. I think I'm gonna go take some pills and drink a bunch of nyquil.

No comments: