Friday, April 6, 2007

Here I sit.

by Grant

   With two little girls (one very fragrant) on my chest. Quite cute, really. A wee bit difficult to work on my laptop, but I manage. The past couple of nights I've stayed up late with Rebekah to help her. The morning comes far too soon on days like that. I'm convinced that Coffee is a "God-sanctioned" drink. I can't imagine trying to get through the day without it. I also take Ginseng which helps relieve some of the more extreme fatigue. Oh, and Meth. Yeah, that really helps. Can't believe I forgot that. (Of course, I don't take meth. I've never even smoked Mary Jane as the hippies call it). I have to work on Sunday morning, and so I got this afternoon off. I managed to get a nap in and it was weird because I could actually feel the sleep overwhelming me. It took about a minute. Usually, when I notice sleep, I am too alert to actually "fall" asleep. Not this time. I slept until Titus came and woke me up. I made him get in bed and he played with my headphones that were laying there for awhile. Then Rebekah came in and traded me for Liberty. Not sure what extra sleep I got during that whole process but at least I was able to stall for a bit.

Oh, as far as working on Easter. I'm supposed to work on more sundays to help another guy out that works every Sunday (if I don't). The nice thing is that we can typically do it from home and it's generally punch a few buttons and check the output on some stuff. So, it doesn't have to be high stress or anything but it's hard to juggle kids and do that stuff too. But since he has been doing it exclusively for four months I figured it was time to give him a break.

Hopefully within a month or so the girls will sleep better. Maybe we can even get them to sleep at night! :)

No comments: