Saturday, April 7, 2007

Evolutionary Wow

by Grant


    I am sitting here working on getting pictures ready for the blog and trying to let Rebekah sleep. So, I'm watching the history channel as it is or, as I like to call it, TV that doesn't rot your brain, and they're talking about the "Mysteries of the Smithsonian"

    Sooo, they're talking about the Tri-ceratops. Ya know that dinosaur? It was my favorite when I was a kid. I liked to root for the underdog. There the dino is, just minding his own business, eating some ruffage (or is it roughage?) and along comes the mean bully--Tyrannosaurus Rex. Talk about a jerk. Not only does he have bad breath and thinks he's some super stud (just cause he's so tall and stuff). But to add insult to injury, he wants to eat the poor little Triceratops. Man, the indignity of it all. But it's hard to eat somebody that has three big spikes that can stab up into your soft underbelly, trust me I know (stupid porcupine).

    Well, come to find out, they (el Scientistas) faked a healthy percentage of the skeleton @ the Smithsonian. They didn't have the entire rear end of the dinosaur (The T-Rex probably made off with that part). Since that didn't have that part, they grabbed pieces from another, unrelated skeleton that was unfortunately in the area when the ugly confronation took place. I'm guess the two dinos were having a little rendezvous. Anyway, the "experts" merged that other skeleton with the pieces that they had and the end result is what we see in toys, etc. today. So, 100 years later (almost) they decided to "fix" it. So they used some computer software to figure out what the dinosaur really looked like (called extrapolating and while science is used, there is no guarantee of accuracy. It is a scientific "guess"). Once they had a design (like building a frickin' house) they made "bones." Do you notice I'm using "" a lot here? That's because there's no fact and no truth to this stuff. How can you trust a community that just makes stuff fit to look good? I thought that's what women's fashion was for?

And they wonder why we don't swallow stuff like global warming without question.

No comments: