by Grant
...Please know that I have been working tonight on getting the recent pictures offloaded from our camera, touched up, and uploaded onto our photobucket site. I also have taken two videos, recompressed them and rotated and uploaded those. Now, I'm a little tired of doing all that boring stuff so I'll do a baby/life update.
Baby/Life Update
Today Rebekah attempted to do a yard sale with Keren and Kathie. In an attempt to be supportive, I will not make any comments on the success of said endeavor :)
I was very pleasantly surprised that I was able to sleep in with Forrest (he had a rough night so was in bed with me upstairs) while Rebekah took our early bird with her over to Kerens. After some much needed alone time (oh dang, I forgot to watch a movie in surround sound. I can't do that with kids in the house), I left in search of rocks. Man, I really don't want to bore myself writing this. Suffice it to say, that we were in need of rocks (roundish riverish rockish, woops, rocks). I took the long way home yesterday, which coincidentally runs by a river, and lo and behold I found voluminous piles of nice round river rocks (say that 300,000 times fast). Well, my normal personality is to ignore something like this because there's no sign that says, "Free rocks." So, do I just take the rocks on the edge of the field where they have been piled on the assumption that they are in the farmer's way? Or, do I try to get permission from somebody (who? it's not like every field has the owner's name). I ponder a couple things and then I decide to go to the nearest farm house. After greasing the skids with some jokes and leveraging my charm (stop laughing!) I feel confident that although they don't own the field, they have given me the green light to take the rocks.
So, anybody ever pick up rocks? They're kind of heavy. I mean, not each rock by itself, but put a few of them together and they weigh a bit. Well, Rebekah went on a girls night out (with the twin girls) and I took the boys and went on a high priority rock retrieval junket. After a few minutes a pickup pulled up to our little gang of merry men. Thankfully, no firearms were in sight. The driver was a migrant worker (most likely as his English was poor) but he was friendly and told me to take as many as I wanted. After my wife got home she was excited about the rocks. What a woman. I give her jewelry and thoughtful gifts and nary a smile and I brings some rocks home and she's ecstatic.
Where's all this leading? Don't know and don't much care. All I know is that I've probably moved a ton of rocks by myself. I'm tired and a little sore.
Oh, you want to know something about the girls. Well, I'm holding a squirmy Liberty and she's pulling the hair on my chest. Rebekah is trying to burp Serenity. The boys, I think, I are asleep upstairs and it's only 9:40 PM. How amazing is that?
hard to type with one hand on the keyboard and the other hand patting a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment