Wednesday, April 18, 2007

(evil) Simpsons vocabulary word and short update

by Grant

Otto (the Bus driver that looks like a guitarist for the equally evil Gun's 'n Roses) is getting married. Reverend Lovejoy wants paid for his services, and asks politely for his honorarium. That word is easy. The next one learned me good. Emolument. (If you're slow, that's a synonym for honarium. If you're slower, that's a synonym for tip).

Baby/Life update:
Girls are doing pretty good. I have never seen such projected spit-up though. Liberty actually sprayed copious (that's a good word) quantities out her nose. Oooh ooh ooh. Another word that was on the Simpsons tonight was "Usurper." Featured very prominently. Today's Simpsons was brought to you by the word, Usurper. Ooh, and I figured out how to spell "soiree" yesterday. I spent probably 20 minutes one day trying to get the spelling right and finally gave up (the Internet Gods failed me). BTW, those who have actually watched the simpsons enough to know that occasionally there is an inappropriate word should know that we have TV Guardian which faithfully mutes our TV to protect sensitive ears from learning naughty words until aforementioned ears attend their first day of pre-school. But I digress. This afternoon/evening I've been holding wee girls and Rebekah has been playing with the boys. A nice change for both of us. Hopefully Rebekah wore the buggers out so they'll sleep.

BTW, my Dad is doing better and wanted to let anybody know that is reading this that he appreciates your prayers and is very grateful to God. He is not back to 100% and is not sure if he will get totally better but is still thankful. It's amazing how certain events such as a near-death (or close enough) experience can shape your perspective up.

No comments: