Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update

Well, the babies are doing better. They had some rapid breathing last night, but apparently that has calmed down. I feel sick (running a fever) but am trying to minimize contact with my wife and babies and using lots of hand sanitizer. Rebekah nursed the babies today which was cool for her. She didn't get to nurse the girls until a long time after they were born. Rebekah is still in a lot of pain, but that's what darvocet is for right? Anway, this is a pretty small hospital in some ways. It's for profit which is interesting. The hospital itself is very nice, but the rooms are fairly primitive. The OR had a manual adjust bed (verses electric). I had to move so they could raise the bed up some more half-way through the operation. Then, they wouldn't let me stay w/ Rebekah after the babies were out. I had to leave. That irritated me. Then, to make me even more grumpy, they said I couldn't see her for an hour after the surgery. That's when I made clear to somebody (hey, they asked) that I was displeased and they might want to move away. Since they didn't, I voiced my complaints and she got an exemption so I could at least be with Rebekah in the recovery room. But the people have been pretty professional, and that's the most important thing (professional implies competent and courteous).

Anyway, I've got a slow connection on my cell phone that I'm sharing via wi-fi to my laptop so we have some communication w/ the world.

babies names are Trinity Pearl and Clell Peter.

not much news is good news.

No comments: