Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Me so tired

last night was the first for me with the new arrivals. And the first at home for Rebekah. Neither of us got much sleep (her less so). The babies kept fussing and the current working theory is that it was too cold. Once Rebekah moved into the other room where it was warmer and put the babies on her chest to sleep, they did pretty good. So, from 11:00 PM to 3:30 AM we didn't get much sleep. Thankfully Mom is here so she was able to deal with Forrest when he got up. Titus had a bad dream and was trying to sleep with us but the girls were keeping him awake to. So he didn't get to sleep until after 3:30 either. Thankfully he slept in about an hour longer. That'll teach the little bugger to sleep in our bed! Sometime last night the anti-jaundice light (which was a pain) quit working. I'm hoping that's a blessing in disguise because that thing was a pain. Hopefully he won't need it anymore. We went in today and got their heels poked. Not fun. they had to get a lot of blood out of a little foot. But the ladies that did it were nice and didn't enjoy it like most of the sadists in hospitals (like you Lisa!).

When we got to the hospital, I had to carry the babies, but I didn't want Rebekah to walk. So, I drafted my five year old to push her. Strong kid. He pushed her up the small hill to the door and around the hospital. It worked out that he got some breaks while we checked in and the babies got tortured. He also did a pretty good job around Sam's club, but I think he was getting tired as he was starting to weave like a drunk driver.

For anybody who's missing rebekah's updates or emails, she hasn't even looked at the computer. All of her energy is going to just recovering and taking care of the babies.

Oh, and I guess the nursing is going pretty well considering everything.

I'm going to try to work a half day tomorrow. Pray that my sister-in-law Amy (my brother Tyler's wife) can come down to help out next week when we lose Mom. Otherwise, it's gonna be a crazy rough week and a half until her Mom gets here.

What I'm listening to right now (because I think it's funny): Secret Squirrel by Marcy Playground (via my awesome Slacker Portable - G1 2gig)

No comments: