Monday, March 2, 2009

Uh oh

by Grant

Within the past two weeks we've had a bit of shake up in upper mgmt. The CEO stepped down and his brother's taking over. The CFO is doing something else and another guy was promoted into that spot. The temporary HR manager (who was running an efficiency program earlier) has been permanently put in the post. Now we have some sort of building wide meeting. All meetings these days are bad. But the IT director left for the day so I guess that's good.

In other less anxious news, I went to a car auction on Friday w/ a friend. I don't know if those vehicles went for too much or not, but paying thousands of $$ for a worn out vehicle isn't my idea of a smart move. Most were bank repos and old with high miles. A lot of them had some sort of damage. It was as if all the good vehicles got picked over by dealers and then the rejects got auctioned off to suckers. There were some pretty good deals, but I tried to buy a 22 year old van in pretty nice shape and some psycho lady was prepared to bid to the moon (or so it appeared). I had passed up minivans because thought I could get this cheap, but she wanted it bad. So, I let her have it. What was funny is that I went to lunch and when I came back the auction was almost over and there were still people waiting in line to sign up. Crazy. I'll bet they felt rather chagrined to find out they'd missed everything.

BTW, Beka is still hanging in there but she is not getting hardly any sleep. Typically she's not falling asleep until 4am. Crazy. I would have lost it and been in a padded room if that was me. God sure gives grace.


No comments: