by Grant
I am astounded by my children on a pretty routine basis. I'm not sure why, but I am. And I smile and nod knowingly when others exclaim their surprise at what their young'uns are doing. Forrest seems to have many of my abilities but Titus and Serenity seem to have music in their soul. Dancing and singing makes them so happy. They're both hams too. They pander to their audience. If they see something is funny they keep it up and if you start getting tired of it, they throw in a little variation so you can hardly tear your eyes away. I need to take some pictures, but alas I have not.
I am currently struggling with some sort of sinus/fluish thing. I guess all the kids had it and it body-slammed me yesterday. I am very grateful for aspirin/tylenol for the simple fact of fever suppression. I can take my fever down from "shivering under the covers" to "able to function with a grump level of 9." What's the top grump value, you ask? Not telling! But I normally run at grump level 6-7.
As far as my wrists/recovery, I am doing ok. I didn't realize it would take so long to heal and the pain is different than what expected. What did I expect? Not sure, but something different. My wrist is healing but after talking to others, I guess it can take a long time (didn't I blog that before?).
On a random political note, is anybody as annoyed about the upcoming presidential election as I am? I don't think anybody is happy no matter what your political persuasion. If you're a right-winger then you'd have to swallow hard to take McCain (especially if you're "religious right". He told us off good in 2000). If you're a liberal you might like Obama, but give me a break. He's been in a church that hates America (or at least the pastor does) for over 20 years. I heard him today and he said that he didn't take any spiritual (or otherwise) guidance from his Pastor. Well what the heck are you going to his church for?? Oh, and Hillary? Don't get me started, but suffice it to say that she lied about an obvious incident about being under sniper fire (like 10 years ago). Come on, at least lie about the stuff nobody can prove differently. I am reminded of a political cartoon from the late 70s (they didn't like Reagan... putzes). It stated, something along the lines of having to choose from the "evil of two lessers" (for those of you that are slow, that's a play on "lesser of two evils")
No comments:
Post a Comment