by Grant
Ah, Mother's day. It is always a fun day. I don't think that all mothers should be celebrated though. Don't shoot me yet! There are a lot of rotten ones out there. But with that said, there are a lot of great ones and even being a good one is fantastically hard. How do I know? Well, that's what everybody says for one. And for two, I had to play mother for several days this last week. Rebekah got horribly sick (strep) and was out of action for pretty much four days. That was a horrible experience for all involved. I had to stay home and take care of the kids which got on my last nerve after the second day. I didn't feel that great myself either, but I was a whole lot healthier than she was. I did my best and we all survived, but I am still recovering psychologically and Rebekah is still recovering physically. I have finally reconsidered having more children due to this experience, but Rebekah is still wanting a fifth. I think I'm getting too old for this though. Aah and Serenity has a double ear infection and a urinary tract infection. So, she's a wee bit crabby. Of course, everybody is still more sociable than me at my best.
BTW, is it legal to kill a bird on your property? a pheasant just walked by. Imagine, pheasant under glass. Eh. I think I prefer Chinese food.
Anyway, I think it's got to be very hard to be a mom. Typically stuck in the house, doing the same old routine day after day. Listening to all the fighting and squabbling and stuff. Listening to the complaints about the food (they're lucky they have food). etc. etc. etc. And even if you are keeping your children alive and fairly healthy, there's always other mothers that seem to be so much more "with-it" Ptooey. I spit on them! Something has to be sacrificed because there is not enough time and energy in the day to do everything. Something has to go. Frequently it is attention to your husband or a meaningful relationship with your children. So, let it be known that although I'm a pretty ogreish (not really a word) husband and father, I do love and appreciate my wife for all she does for me and our family. And of course, I love and appreciate what my own poor mother for what she had to put up with from four boys (we had a sister too, but she was the oldest and gone to college when I was still young).
1 comment:
I agree with just about everything you said. Well put.
Post a Comment