Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Naked came I

by Grant


    Now that I have your attention. Let's begin.
(Just in case you're interested, that's from the Bible  (Job 1:21 to be precise). It's also (quite ironically) the name of the autobiography of Opus the Penguin from Bloom County. Unless you're my Mom or brother, I'm quite sure you don't know what or what that is. Although, if you strain your membrane a bit, you may remember a fat penguin in the funny pages (particularly Sunday) named Opus. Aaah, such fond memories. Moving right along...)

I promised myself I wouldn't apologize for not blogging since if there ain't nothing to blog ain't gonna blog (eloquent right). But I've had several things I've wanted to put down and haven't gotten to it. Mostly because I'm lazy, but having four wee ones plays a small part in monopolizing my time.


A few topics I've pondered include the "The refrigerator that could," "Two flew out of the Ballard's nest," "Memorial Madness," "Cheer up Buckeroo"

I guess I'll do "Cheer up Buckaroo" (BTW, I'm working on pictures too)

    This probably isn't too fascinating, but it's the shortest and most recent. I've worked at my current place of employ since 2001. During that time it's been tumultuous but most of my co-workers have been pretty static. The economy has been pretty hard on the good old WG so one of my buddies got laid off in January, another friend (not so much co-worker) got cut a couple months later, and now my cube-mate has moved on to greener pastures (or will in a couple weeks). Que Sera Sera (I hate French! Ooh, and if you're really observant you might notice that's a tautology. bonus points to whoever remembers what that is and who said it). So, who knows what else will happen. The frustrating things is a lunch buddy and commiserating buddy are gone and the work load has to increase. But, no time to feel sorry for myself as there's too much work to do. Oh, and if you're curious about the title (the buckeroo one), my buddy said that when he heard me sigh towards the end of the day. It's funny because he knew exactly the type of sigh and what I was sighing about. I guess you kind of get to know somebody after 5 years working next to each other.


Baby/Life update:
Girls are doing pretty good. A bit too fussy for me. I'm still bothered by the whole girl thing. Not that I don't love them or wish I didn't have them but rather I have been terrified in multiple fashions about how much impact the father has on his daughters. Not to mention guarding them from lecherous men w/out turning them into old maids. Yeah, I'm worrying a bit too soon maybe but it's never too early to start I always say. But they are cute little things and I have to be doubly sure they don't wrap me around their little finger (as the saying goes). Boys are doing great. Forrest is really growing. Sometimes I think he's more mature than the average guy. Not saying that means he's an angel (He's not) but there are many good traits that need nurtured. It's amazing how showing your child love is like giving a plant water and sunlight. They thrive with it. Yes, that's obvious I'm sure, but seeing it in action is much more powerful than words. And Titus, well, that kid has gotten out of more spankin's cause he's so darn cute. So many of the times when he's naughty it's because he is just curious. Anyway, I feel very blessed to have such a great family (and I'm not just saying that).

No comments: