Saturday, January 5, 2008

One long short week

by Grant

    This week was supposed to be easy. I worked Monday, had Tuesday off, and so it should've felt like a pretty short and easy week.


Yeah. Right. (ooozing oodles and oodles of sarcasm).


Lots of stress. Lots of problems at work. I can't even recall most of them. The stuff that sticks in my mind is two layoffs. One of my best friends that had been at the company for 7 years got taken out. Really hard to see that.

But I tell you one thing, the fear of losing your job sure makes you thankful. For me I mean. I'm very grateful that I wasn't the one getting a last cigarette before the firing squad takes aim.


Baby/Life Update
 Serenity got really sick. Another $60 out of our pocket. She had a double ear infection. Liberty still looks a bit peaked, but doesn't have any major symptoms. Forrest and Titus seem to be doing pretty well. Still a bit of coughing. Rebekah is probably the sickest with Serenity. For myself, while I'm not 100% I'm not complaining (much). This is probably the best I've felt in months. I just hope I continue to improve or at least maintain status quo ya know? (hehehe, that rhymes).

But, Serenity is getting the crawling thingy down good. (or is it well?)
Liberty is a closet crawler--meaning she doesn't like to crawl when we are watching. But Rebekah couldn't find her one time and found she had used some method of forward locomotion to change her geographic location.

I still wrestle with spending time with the girls. It's hard to know who to pick up when you've got two excited smiling sweeties so happy to see me. I usually pick them both up, or don't do either. I figure, I don't want to be blamed for playing favorites when I'm older, so I'll just neglect them both equally. Pretty strategic thinking huh?

Blogged with Flock

No comments: