I know people like fall because it's cool and ooh, the leaves change color and stuff. But hello people, Fall is a season of death and dying. The leaves are pretty because they are dying. The days are cooler because the sun is no longer smiling on us. There is less light too. And worst of all, Fall brings Winter. But Winter is just doing its job so although I find it unpleasant, it's like the Grim Reaper or maggots. It serves a valuable purpose. Ok, so my logic is flawed but I still don't like Fall. I've been working hard the past month and a half trying to get ready. I'm not quite there, but I've got most of the critical items crossed off my list. Now it's just the normal fallish stuff I have to worry about. I put a pellet stove in upstairs, but since it's in an enclosed alcove (aka attic) I need to do some re-arranging with a power saw. Last weekend I bought two more cords of wood so hopefully those needs have been met. And we put plastic on the depression era windows. And I sealed up the swamp cooler. And I, geez I'm boring myself.
Ah well, Rebekah has been blogging so I'm not sure that I have to really say too much about the fam. The kids are doing pretty good. Swine flu (I've given up on calling it h1n1) has been running through the area pretty bad, but i'm hopeful the worst is over. I have heard from several people who know people who were put in the hospital by it but no deaths. Of course, they're no vaccine available and by the time there is any it'll be too late to make much of a difference. Such is life. Or death. If you die that is. But then the swine flu vaccine is the least of worries.
I took the kids to a corn maze. correction, I took the boys. Forrest enjoyed it a lot, but Titus was scared of being lost forever. There were three mazes but since Titus wasn't having as much fun and time was an issue so we wandered around a bit. Fed some goats (see facebook for a picture) and then mozied on out. I've had to work a lot this weekend due to problems so I'm missing church now much to my irritation. Well, not much to say of interest. my brain is tired from being up late last night and I have to go to work now.
BTW, did you know they're airing a remake of that great mini-series (and subsequently a series) V? Check it out on ABC.

Ah well, Rebekah has been blogging so I'm not sure that I have to really say too much about the fam. The kids are doing pretty good. Swine flu (I've given up on calling it h1n1) has been running through the area pretty bad, but i'm hopeful the worst is over. I have heard from several people who know people who were put in the hospital by it but no deaths. Of course, they're no vaccine available and by the time there is any it'll be too late to make much of a difference. Such is life. Or death. If you die that is. But then the swine flu vaccine is the least of worries.
I took the kids to a corn maze. correction, I took the boys. Forrest enjoyed it a lot, but Titus was scared of being lost forever. There were three mazes but since Titus wasn't having as much fun and time was an issue so we wandered around a bit. Fed some goats (see facebook for a picture) and then mozied on out. I've had to work a lot this weekend due to problems so I'm missing church now much to my irritation. Well, not much to say of interest. my brain is tired from being up late last night and I have to go to work now.
BTW, did you know they're airing a remake of that great mini-series (and subsequently a series) V? Check it out on ABC.

1 comment:
So is there ONE you sorta like?? Cindy ;o)
Post a Comment