Saturday, October 3, 2009

Avoiding electrocution...

...is time consuming. I spent a long time today adding three circuits to the house. I thought I just had some simple stuff to do, but avoiding electrocution really slowed me down. You can add a circuit to a breaker relatively safely without turning off the power, but it's dangerous. And by adding three at once it was really slow. Also, none of my circuits have been grounded (the third prong) so I wanted to do that with these. Unfortunately, that required some adjustment to a clamp which once I loosened it enough for the wires fell off. So, I spent 10 minutes saying to myself "I'm gonna die" as I tried to fit it back on without bumping the Idaho Power line. Ok, so the burning (or shocking hehehe) question you have been asking is why didn't I turn the power off? Two reasons. First, because last time I turned it off the breaker wouldn't "click" back on and I had to call an electrician who gave me some tips and tricks. Second, because I knew it would probably take me a couple hours under the best circumstances and I didn't want to further torture my wife without heat and electricity.

OK. I'm tired. Rebekah is blogging pretty regularly which is great, but a consequence is I'm not very motivated anymore. plus I'm tired. Did I mention I'm tired?

Ironically enough, I did get shocked pretty good once but it was inside the house on one of the new circuits that had a tiny strip of insulation stripped off it on the back. I didn't make a mistake but I still got a nice little "shock to the system."

Hey, maybe I"ll go to bed. seems like a good idea since I'm tired. Oh, and sore. Did I mention sore?

No comments: