by Grant
background: On Wednesday of last week, right after the layoffs but before any announcement a vendor cut power to the entire data center. This is a total disaster as we have 150 normal servers and several other systems that went down hard. Most will come up ok, but our primary system is known to get corrupted. To make matters worse, the guy that takes care of that system was out on vacation without his laptop. To make my life worse, I was supposedly his backup.
I did pretty good in my book and I guess the powers that be agreed with me because I (along with 4 others) were singled out in an e-mail sent to all the IT (that's left) and the CEO/VPs.
One small bit of good news on a monday that's shaping up to be ugly as other divisions cut more people today.
Thanks to everybody that's praying for me (and my family). And to the heathen unbelievers, you know who you are, thanks for at least taking the time to read my blog post.
background: On Wednesday of last week, right after the layoffs but before any announcement a vendor cut power to the entire data center. This is a total disaster as we have 150 normal servers and several other systems that went down hard. Most will come up ok, but our primary system is known to get corrupted. To make matters worse, the guy that takes care of that system was out on vacation without his laptop. To make my life worse, I was supposedly his backup.
I did pretty good in my book and I guess the powers that be agreed with me because I (along with 4 others) were singled out in an e-mail sent to all the IT (that's left) and the CEO/VPs.
One small bit of good news on a monday that's shaping up to be ugly as other divisions cut more people today.
Thanks to everybody that's praying for me (and my family). And to the heathen unbelievers, you know who you are, thanks for at least taking the time to read my blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment