...Should be required viewing for executives. This movie speaks to me so much more each time I watch it. I just regret the language in it. Mostly in some gansta rap playing when some guys take out their anger on a flaky printer in an empty field.
Pretty decent saturday. I got up early and activated the electronic babysitter for the boys while Rebekah slept. Her sweet slumber was interrupted a couple hours later by the boys pushing a little basket around screaming. I got some pictures as the boys slid around and crashed. They were having fun. I was enjoying the fact that they weren't fighting or bugging me.
I spent two or three hours this afternoon trying to resurrect my gerber multitool from a cremation attempt by my wife last year. She claims it was an accident, but we didn't burn something of hers now did we?
Anyway, we burned some boxes and the Gerber was in the boxes. Luckily I fished it out, but it had melted plastic into the mechanism and was non functional. So I got a propane torch and my dremel tool and went to work. It took me a couple hours, but the final result is functional if not fashionable.
Oh, and back to life at the WG (my work). Somebody actually quit this week. Fed up with it. Not my department, but I'd known the person for a few years. Good news (I guess) is that if there are any more layofss, one of the guys in my department is volunteering. Young guy with lots of options and he's probably being a bit facetious, but I know that he'd be fine with it. He says that he thinks his stress level will be less if he just stays home and plays "Call of Duty 4" all day. I tend to agree.
Church tomorrow!

Pretty decent saturday. I got up early and activated the electronic babysitter for the boys while Rebekah slept. Her sweet slumber was interrupted a couple hours later by the boys pushing a little basket around screaming. I got some pictures as the boys slid around and crashed. They were having fun. I was enjoying the fact that they weren't fighting or bugging me.
I spent two or three hours this afternoon trying to resurrect my gerber multitool from a cremation attempt by my wife last year. She claims it was an accident, but we didn't burn something of hers now did we?
Anyway, we burned some boxes and the Gerber was in the boxes. Luckily I fished it out, but it had melted plastic into the mechanism and was non functional. So I got a propane torch and my dremel tool and went to work. It took me a couple hours, but the final result is functional if not fashionable.
Oh, and back to life at the WG (my work). Somebody actually quit this week. Fed up with it. Not my department, but I'd known the person for a few years. Good news (I guess) is that if there are any more layofss, one of the guys in my department is volunteering. Young guy with lots of options and he's probably being a bit facetious, but I know that he'd be fine with it. He says that he thinks his stress level will be less if he just stays home and plays "Call of Duty 4" all day. I tend to agree.
Church tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment