Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Sunday

by Grant

    Who sang that anyway? The Mamma's and the Papa's? Well, it's sunday evening and the girls have been put to bed and Rebekah has just taken the boys up. I will go up in 30 mins or so and take over guard duty. I use that time to do some Bible study and/or read. I have found that when you really start to learn things in the Bible, it gets a lot more exciting. There are quite a few things that I've read and just not fully understood them. Or even when I understand the text, I don't grasp the contextual significance. Let me put this in Simpsons terms. I was watching the season premiere tonight and Homer's "life coach" professed to not be very good. He said that he went to the "Harvard of the South." I know from following comments that it's not Duke or Vanderbilt. I can gather that it's not a good school in some fashion, but I fail to understand the deeper significance. Yeah, I know comparing the Bible to the Simpsons is probably the ultimate in blasphemy, but as I always say, "In for a penny, in for a Canadian penny." Coincidentally, the Canadian penny is currently on par with the American penny. Dirty rotten Canadians with their Monopoly money. But I digress...

I was diagnosed with Bronchitis last week. I'm taking some pretty strong antibiotics and they seem to be helping but I am still suffering. Rebekah went with Keren, or "Old Ironsides" as I like to call her, to a "Ladies Retreat" in McCall on Friday. I talked to her once late friday and it was so loud with hens clucking that I couldn't really hear her. But she managed to get up and back safely (windy and dangerous roads). The boys stayed w/ Uncle Tim and I spent most of friday night in a theological discussion with Kelly (a guy who said Calculus in college was easy. He did the four hour final in 25 minutes).

The girls are still doing well. Serenity apparently didn't like her dress (it was really soft) so she started chewing on Liberty's (normal cotton). It's fun to spend time with them. Rebekah thinks that Liberty is working on her own tooth as well.  

No comments: