That phrase always annoyed me when I was younger. I mean, why was the chick better? Everybody with a brain in their head (that excluded girls) knew that boys were better than girls. Well, after a few years of marriage I finally figured out that it wasn't that girls were better (duh!) but that somehow, a good wife makes a man even better. Or something.
So, I've discovered I can't really write a blog post and be serious. What inspired me to write such drivel? Well, Rebekah got her wisdom teeth removed which was pretty ugly. The way one tooth had grown meant they actually had to put Rebekah out and cut the gum because of how it had grown around the nerve. So, needless to say (but I shall anyway) she was in a lot of pain. I don't know that I heard her complain once. It was obvious that she was miserable and not just for a couple of days either. Yesterday evening was the first time she had normal food. Some people might think that she basically babied herself and I had to do everything (or at least a lot more). But although I tried to help out more she still took care of almost everything herself. What a tough cookie. So, to make a long story even longer, since we are two halves of a whole I do acknowledge that she is the better half. Of course, this half is still in charge and don't you forget it!
On another note, the new job is going pretty well. I've been pretty stressed out a few times, but every time I think about my old job I am thankful that I have moved on.
The kids are doing well. We went to Middleton for the 4th of July parade and then lit fireworks at a friends house. I think I lit over 200 sparklers (definitely over 100) and inhaled a years worth of smoke. The previous weekend I took the boys to roaring springs which was fun for them and a little fun for me. I need to do something with the girls. The boys (due to their age) get to have way more fun. Well, have a happy whatever day.
No comments:
Post a Comment