You gotta try it! They start with some weird iced tea and then pour cream and sugar? In. It has this weird two tone thing going on. It looks orange and white at the top and then normal tea color down lower. Of course you want to mix it before drinking but it was tasty.
So, I've finished two weeks at my new job. Yesterday we met with a client to try and smooth some things out. I was able to offer some expertise on some of the technology they had. They seemed appreciative and the local boss man was pleased with my participation. My co-worker on the other hand accused me of ahem brown-nosing ahem. Dude, I'm a newbie, I'm gonna do my best to make a good first impression. But he's a good guy. I'm pretty sure he was joking. He's a lot of fun to work with and the other guys there are cool too. It's pretty cool because they pull funny pranks on each other all the time and decorate for Christmas and all sorts of stuff. A bunch of System Engineers! They like to have fun. So, I'm enjoying the challenge and the change. The commute isn't bothering me too much except it's hurting my wrists. So, I might need to get a different car sooner rather than later (my miata has too many sensations for my wrists). I am still a little concerned about the work-load because there is on-call and other times when you get called because nobody else knows what to do. But at least I'm getting paid more which helps ease the frustration of working extra hours. I figure I lose a little more than 1 hour a day due to the commute. Not too bad. I go in @ 8:30 which means I leave 7:45 which means that I don't lose any sleep! Yay! I get home between 6:15 and 6:30.
So, other than money being really tight while we wait for our first paycheck, things are going well.
Oh, and other than almost driving us insane on a regular basis, the kids are doing well. Serenity got a huge sliver in her foot the other day. Rebekah had to call Kathie to come pull it out cause she's a girly (wo)man.
Well, I gotta go pray. Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment